Ulaganayagan Kamal Haasan on Saturday confirmed that he had escaped from a fire accident that broke out at his home in the East Coast Road. Fans heaved a sigh of relief after they got to know that the actor was doing welland had escaped unscathed. Sources close to the actor claimed that the fire broke out on the third floor of the actor’s house at around 00.30 hrs on Saturday. The accident occurred after a refrigerator on the third floor burst. Soon, flames and fumes spread and an air conditioner on the floor too was destroyed. Kamal tweeted about the accident in a bid to inform his fans and wellwishers thathe was safe. He tweeted, “Thanks to my staff. Escaped a fire at my house. Lungs full of smoke,I climbed down from the third floor. I am safe. No one hurt. Goodnight."